China Express 2

"...And she called his name Samuel, for she said, "I have asked for him from the Lord"

My Photo
Name:
Location: purcellville, VA, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ruthie is "DOO!!"



Yes Ruthie is now "DOO!!" as she says :-) that's 2 in case you didn't guess.

Boy does she love chocolate cake with whipped cream...she had a little
sugar overload yesterday was up till 9pm, very late for her, then woke
at 3:30 am...

As I was laying in bed with her at that early hour I realized that
today is the day she was found outside the Yang Dong County Hospital.
It brought tears in my eyes to think that she had to be left so that
she could be found and brought into our family a little over a year
later. I realized it probably wasn't as cold there as it is here and
was grateful for that. I wondered what she was left in I don't know if
she was in a basket or a box or who found her and brought her to the
orphanage that day.

I wondered what her biological mother looked like and wondered if she
was as feisty as Ruth and wondered then if maybe it was her father who
was the feisty one, then I wondered if they too are remembering that
day 2 years ago when they had to leave their baby.

I wonder if they left her because they needed a boy and if perhaps
they tried again and got their boy. Which would mean Ruthie has a
brother. Or maybe her mother was unwed and had needed to leave little
Ruthie because she just couldn't bear the shame or the expense of
raising a fatherless girl.

Then I prayed that her parents would hear the gospel and that someday
I will be able to thank them for giving us their little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home