China Express 2

"...And she called his name Samuel, for she said, "I have asked for him from the Lord"

My Photo
Name:
Location: purcellville, VA, United States

Monday, January 09, 2006

Shopping on Shamian Island

In honor of shopping on Shamian I give you two posts in one day ;-)

most of the people in these pictures are in our travel group.









The older girl with her new mom is 12 year old Jaime. She is legally blind(cataracts it seems), she is a beautiful girl who has a wonderful new family who loves her very much.



















Wayne was kind enough to agree to go through the medical exams with Ruth while I shopped. I think I'm done! This bargaining stuff is exhausting, I always walk away wondering if they ripped me off or if I really got a good deal.

Here is my new friend Hebe, I bought a beautiful black velvet jacket from her along with a jade bracelet and a few other trinkets. The other day she gave Anna a hacky sack and gum. She's very nice but like all the others drives a hard bargain.


These are the Anhui Babies, Ruthie is not there. We need to get it together to get our group shots done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home