China Express 2

"...And she called his name Samuel, for she said, "I have asked for him from the Lord"

My Photo
Name:
Location: purcellville, VA, United States

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Joy Mingled With Sorrow

We are very excited and happy to announce that we received our Referral Acceptance Letter on Monday morning!! This means we are one step closer to bringing home Samuel.
Unfortunately we don't know how big that step is. The next thing we are waiting for is Travel Approval, we turn in our signed Referral Acceptance Letter then our agency mails it to China then the China Center of Adoption Affairs(CCAA) double checks with the orphanage to make sure Samuel is still available for adoption. Then they issue Travel Approval this could take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks, big window there, so we continue to wait but know that we are a little closer.


The sorrow comes from learning that my dear Uncle George passed away Tuesday morning in Palm Coast, Florida. He had been battling Pancreatic Cancer for a number of months. I just found this out about a month ago. He was, I believe, 83 years old. Father George was a retired Catholic priest who loved the Lord. Here is a fitting testimony of his life from a dear cousin it speaks well of the man he was to all of us:

It is hard thinking of you leaving this earth and not having the opportunity to see you again - nor for my kids to have one more time to hear you talk and laugh (they love your little snorkle when you laugh) and play monopoly - and play the piano.

All of this reminds me of how thoughtful you have been over the years with all of us in your extended family, and how you have so often provided for us in tiny, but impactful ways. You have embraced us all so openly and without exclusivity or prejudice or judgement - and with such empathy. You kind of just show up - through the mail, or a phone call or a package - in small ways to say you were thinking of us and you are hoping all is well. And you always understand how busy we all are - (rather deplorable isn't it - how crazy busy we all are - and how we don't take the time to call or say thank you or respond - many times) But you are always very forgiving and understanding. Thank you for all you have done for me through the years, and for always understanding.

A few times this last week, I have even been envious of you - going on - having lived a full life - now ready to meet - face to face - God - to and for whom you have been betrothed, so to speak. This is cool too. Wow!! I know being with God is going to be wonderful. He is what keeps me going - He is what keeps my heart expanding and what keeps me from being engulfed by my SELF-defeating ways, and frankly, from quitting and going to live my own selfish life. I love God - and my love for HIm keeps growing. And I notice when I concentrate on receiving His love and being satisfied with Him, I can miraculously love everyone around me more; He is indeed my strength, my hope and joy. In Him do I put my full trust! And He provides, and is faithful, and I am learning that He longs to give us our heart's desires - which end up really being HIs heart's desires - cause He knows what is best for us.

Uncle George, I am praying that this last trek of the journey is a peaceful one and that you are already feeling God there with you - close - very close to you. I pray that although, the veil is there - between earth and heaven, and between your face and God's, I pray you feel HIs Grace, HIs peace, HIs love for you and HIs awesome presence and intimacy. This i pray for you now - today. Thank you for your life Uncle George - for your love for God, the Trinity, for your prayers throughout the years, for your faith in the one true God. Thank you for offering for me to buy Aunt Nancy's Home down there. Thank you for being faithful. Thank you for being my uncle and always reaching out. Goodnight Uncle George.



Uncle(Father) George with my niece and nephew Lydia and Charlie in front of his home in Florida.

2 Comments:

Blogger M. Hunsberger said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loved one is not easy.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Thanks M.R.H., took me a while to figure out who you were ;-)but I did, and I appreciate your concern.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home