China Express 2

"...And she called his name Samuel, for she said, "I have asked for him from the Lord"

My Photo
Name:
Location: purcellville, VA, United States

Friday, August 31, 2007

Tears of Joy

There really is such a thing as tears of joy. We hit the ground of Dulles International Airport on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:23pm. As soon as I felt the wheels thud to the ground of US soil tears started streaming down my face. I was so happy and relieved to be home I could not help myself.

I know some of you are saying you can't help crying all the time, it's true I'm a cry baby, but these really were tears of joy. Joy knowing I would see your faces soon, joy knowing English would be the first language spoken over every intercom, joy for not having to gesture with the officials. It took over an hour to get through customs and immigration but as soon as we had that final approval I nearly jumped for joy and bolted towards the doors, through one set around a corner through another set thinking I'd see some familiar faces but still there was another corner and another set of doors finally we made it to cheers and camera flashes, families and friends, my little Ruthies face and Ryan's great big grin.

I know I looked travel worn and sickly but I was the happiest I'd been in 2 weeks and really didn't feel that bad at the moment. Considering we left the China Marriott in Guangzhou, China at 10 am Wednesday morning(that would have been 10pm Tuesday evening for those in the US) took a 2.5 hour flight to Beijing, picked up all our luggage rechecked for the flight to Dulles and then spent 13 hours on a plane with Anna's legs and Sam's head both on my lap for about 8 of those hours then landed worked our way through international baggage, immigration and customs making the total about 21 hours of travel and that after being sick for 3 days I think I probably looked pretty good. Anyway that's my excuse not that it really matters.

Stayed tuned I'll be backlogging (? is that the right word) our trip I have our pictures downloaded and do want to journal before I forget the details of our days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home