China Express 2

"...And she called his name Samuel, for she said, "I have asked for him from the Lord"

My Photo
Name:
Location: purcellville, VA, United States

Friday, August 31, 2007

Pictures of Pandas






Here are just a few Pictures of the Panda Research and Breeding Center. We didn't get a lot of great pictures. I think Wayne got some good video though so maybe we'll be able to get a short clip of them. They were pretty amazing. Here is the website for the research center:
http://www.panda.org.cn/ they have better picture there.

It's pretty neat that this is where Sam is from. I tried to find the Chinese word for Panda on the web but what I found was so different than what we learned I'll just tell you what Sam calls them. Sam, by the way, seems to speak a Chengdu dialect, but seems to understand Mandarin and the local dialect.

Sam says "show mare" or actually "doe mare" as he can't pronounce the sh sounds. I think the pinyin is something like xiong mao meaning bear cat. I think the phonetic way to say it is more like shao ma. I probably totally butchered it I hope no one Chinese is reading :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home